This is a simple recipe and absolutely delicious. A close friend of mine introduced me to it a few months ago, and I was impressed. I had never thought of combining figs and coffee, but it works perfectly, and with a dollop of sour cream, the combination is unbeatable. The recipe is for four generous servings.
Mission Figs Steeped In Coffee
* 1 bag/container dried mission figs
* 3 cups freshly-brewed espresso (approximately 6 oz.)
* 1 cup (approx.) Kahlua
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* 1 cup sour cream (approx.) or enough for a dollop on each of four servings
- Mix the sugar, Kahlua, and figs in a large mixing bowl, and mix well
- Pour all the ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes
- Return the mixture to the mixing bowl and let sit, the longer the better, but minimum 6 hrs.
- Remove the figs with a slotted spoon and dish into small serving bowls
- Place a generous dollop of sour cream on top of each dish and serve.