Quinoa has a delicate but distinct flavor and can be be served hot or cold. I particularly like to serve it cold with just a few ingredients to complement the flavor. Simple to make, with a nutty, fragrant taste.
Quinoa with Red Onion, Parsley, and Capers
* 1 cup of quinoa
* 1/2 lg. red onion, chopped well
* 1 med. bunch parsley, chopped
* 1 lg. Tbsp. capers
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* Salt, ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa (directions on package, approx. 20 min.) and let it sit until cool (3-4 hrs.)
- Just prior to serving, place the quinoa in a serving dish, fluff, and add the onions, parsley, capers, and olive oil
- Mix well, add ground pepper and salt to taste
- Mix again and serve.