The jalapeno chicken sausage available at Trader Joe’s is high flavor, spicy, and pungent. Excellent taste and texture. Sautéing it with red bell pepper, fresh basil, garlic and onion in olive oil gives a rich, but light sauce for pasta.
Pasta with Jalapeno Chicken Sausage, Red Pepper, and Basil
* 1 pkg. jalapeno chicken sausage* 1/2 lg. red bell pepper, chopped* 1 cup (approx.) coarsely chopped fresh basil* 1 lg. onion, chopped* 5 lg. cloves garlic, chopped* 3-4 Tbsp. (approx.) olive oil* 5-10 grindings fresh peppercorns* 1/2 lb. pasta (spaghetti, spaghettini, etc.)
- Sauté the whole sausages in a skillet in 2 tsp. oil until lightly browned
- Remove, cut into 1-2” pieces, reserve
- Add rest of olive oil to the skillet, add the sausage, remaining ingredients
- Cook over low heat for about 20 min. or until peppers are soft
- Boil the pasta
- Plate the pasta on individual dishes, cover with sauce serve.