I decided to use this same marinade for salmon, but this time remove the skin, cut the fish into 2” pieces, marinate them, and then sauté them over high heat. The result is a highly-flavorful dish which can be served over rice.
Sautéed Asian-Style Salmon
* 1 1/2 lb. Atlantic salmon filets, skinned and cut into 2” pieces* 2 Tbsp. soy sauce* 2 Tbsp. olive oil* 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar* 2 tsp. sesame oil* 1 Tbsp. grated ginger* 8-10 grindings fresh black pepper* 2 lg. cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix the marinade ingredients well in a large mixing bowl
- Place the fish pieces in the marinade and mix well
- Marinate the fish for approx. 4-5 hrs. (more is better), mixing occasionally
- Heat a large iron skillet until very hot (slightly smoking)
- Empty the fish into the skillet and quickly start turning with a spatula
- Sauté for approx. 5-8 min. turning the fish constantly
- Serve over or with steamed rice.